Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Growing our Baby

It's been a while since I had a post and there's a very good reason for it. I've been growing a baby!! :) I'm the worst secret keeper and I always thought that I would just drop hints in my posts rather than keeping it to myself. So THAT's why I was MIA. Here's the beginning of our pregnancy story!

Paul and I have been working on different shifts for the last 5 months so we were looking forward to having almost 4 weeks off together for our honey moon. We spent a week away at a Sandals resort in St Johns, Antigua in the bright sun on the gorgeous beaches. It was one of the best resorts that we have ever been to! We initially wanted to take off to somewhere across the world for our honey moon with all the time that we took off from work. I wanted Thailand, he wanted Australia. Both sounded amazing! However planning a wedding, then a trip across the world (not to mention the flight that would take one day to get there and another day to get back) and planning what we would do while we were there just wasn't something that we we up to. I know what you're thinking.... losers! But it's true. We just didn't have the mojo to do it. We started looking at beautiful relaxing resorts that neither him or I had been to before and just relax and spend time together. Eating, drinking, relaxing, reading, soaking up the sun and our new marriage. We were in honeymoon bliss! Life is good.

We had already spoke about when we'd like to start planning for a family. Anytime after our honeymoon sounded good to me! Well hey, I wanted to enjoy our nice trip sans pregnant belly! HAHA! So it wasn't until after we arrived home from our wonderful trip, while I was driving to a facial appointment when I started to feel some irregular heart beats. I'm no stranger to fainting spells and these palpations reminded me of how I would feel before I would faint. I got a little nervous feeling them, but nothing else would happen other than these crazy heart beats! Continuing on my drive to the appointment, I noticed that I was starting to get an extra amount of saliva in my mouth! What's with all this spit? Luckily I had some water with me, I tried to wash back all the saliva I was now experiencing. Thoughts started flooding my head of what these symptoms could mean. So I did what any nervous person would do....I Googled it!

Google tends to be the hypochondriacs devil, but it actually made me feel a lot better about what these symptoms could mean. Both were listed as early symptoms of pregnancy. Could that be? Could I really be pregnant? Ah I was just over the moon reading this on my cell phone. But before I would confirm that, Google also showed that I couldn't confirm that I was pregnant for another 2 1/2 weeks! Whaaaaaat? I need to wait? Oh c'mon! So I did the only thing that I could do. Tell Paul that I think I'm pregnant :)

Oh bless Paul. He's the ying to my yang. He mellows me out when I'm flying high as a kite. Needless to say that when I got home and told him what I experienced and what I believed to be true based on Google facts, he tried to get me to see that it could be a number of things and to not get my hopes up that I'm pregnant (incase I wasn't). "Nooooo you don't get it. I really think I must be pregnant Paul. If I'm not, then something is seriously wrong with me" And these symptoms continued throughout the next couple weeks.

On Friday November 29th, my siblings and I had purchased tickets to see the Toronto Maple Leafs VS the Buffalo Sabres in Buffalo for my dad's birthday. My brother and I were going to head there with my dad, to drink at the game and then hit up the bars at night. We got a hotel to spend the night so we were able to not have to worry about how we were getting home that night. Now seeing that I was starting to get the sneaking suspicion that I was pregnant, I wouldn't necessarily feel right about pounding back beers and getting drunk while I was possibly growing a baby inside me. So I waited until the first possible day that I could to try and take a pregnancy test. I woke up that morning at 6am and rushed into the washroom to take one of the 2 tests that came in my pack. After waiting the 2 minute wait period, I saw a faint + sign. Was I seeing this right? A + sign? Any + sign means it's positive. I AM PREGNANT!!!

I rushed back into the bedroom and woke Paul up by saying to him "I'm pregnant!! I took the test and I really am pregnant!!" He kisses me and says "I always knew you were!" Haha what a stinker!

So there you have it.... The day I found out I was pregnant. Here we go on one of the most exciting and nerve wrecking times in our life, the months leading to our first born, our beautiful Baby Koz.