Saturday, 2 August 2014

Week 38

These last few weeks have felt like they have been months. Waiting for this little man to make his entrance into world is exhausting. I started off my 38th week with heading to the maternity centre for my weekly check up. During this appointment I expressed how I was interested in getting a stretch and sweep. If you would like to learn more about what that is, click here because I don't want to explain it. Hahaha. My doctor at this appointment was amazing and found no problem with helping out by doing a stretch and sweep that day. She went on to explain that she will be able to find out if I'm dilated yet. You better believe that I was hoping I was already was! It was a tad painful but at this point I just want to move things along. Like the saying goes "No pain, no gain". She was happy to announce that I was 2-3cm dilated and 50% effaced! Yaaaa!! Let's get this show on the road! But as the week went by.......No baby. Some other pregnancy things happened (that I'll leave out) that got me excited, but still NO BABY. Argh.

My family got together for an impromptu dinner on Tuesday night. While trying to figure out where to go to eat, I thought we should go to Pizza Hut! When we were younger and our dad would take us out for dinner there on his visitation nights. Tuesday nights were YTV kids night (who didn`t watch YTV when they were younger?), where they had deals for kids meals, face painting and I believe some other entertainment for the kids. So everyone agreed to go! Of course they would. It`s nostalgia at it`s finest.

Oh I also forgot that I got my braces off! I have spent the last 21 months of my treatment at Red Hill Orthodontics. They really know how to run a business. They`re highly active on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter, where they regularly post contests to get their patients involved in keeping their treatment in mind. I "like" them on Facebook and knew once I get my braces off, that they would ask me if my ortho could take a picture with me and my new smile to post on their Facebook page. Duh, of course I would! They also asked if I wanted to bang the gong. Um.. hello! It`s not every day you get your braces taken off for good. Of course I want to bang that gong. I rang it so loud, I`m sure my baby felt the vibration from it for hours. I had a wonderful experience with them and would definitely recommend any one who was thinking about orthodontic work, to go and see Dr Susan Eslambolchi for a consultation. Visit their site http://www.redhillortho.ca/ for more info.

My orthodontist and I, moments after getting my braces off :)

And here are my stats for the week...


How far along are you: 38 weeks!
Total weight gain or loss: I`m 50 pounds up from my pre pregnancy weight. Holy moly.
Sleep: Sleep is a bitch. I`m up every 2 hours (at least) getting up to go to the washroom, because I`ve switched positions, laying on my left side to my right side and rotating positions has got the baby laying right on my bladder waking me up. I`ve been waking up around 6am, not able to fall back asleep. I`ve found that cinnamon raisin bagels toasted with butter are great at that time of day to eat, in order to get me back to sleep while watching nonsense television.
Wedding rings on/off: it's finally happened. I've noticed my fingers were starting to get swollen and I couldn't get my rings off one night. I waited until the morning and got my engagement ring off. I left my wedding ring on. Now I'm not sure I'll be able to get my wedding ring off even if I tried!! 
Best Moment of the Week: getting my hopes up thinking that the stretch and sweep was going to help! I was really excited for it. Back to the drawing board.....
Food Cravings: Kelsey told me about the Banana Cream Pie blizzards at Dairy Queen this week. I`m grateful that she never told me about them sooner because they are to die for! I`ve had 2 this week. Don`t judge me.
Missing Anything: wearing my regular summer clothes. At this point it`s not too fun rotating through the same 4 tops, couple pairs of shorts or skirt and dresses.
Symptoms: I started getting carpel tunnel in my right wrist last week. During this week`s appointment my blood pressure was a little higher than it`s been so I need to make a visit to the pharmacy daily to check on it. If it goes any higher than I may need to take a trip to Labour & Delivery to ensure my little baby is ok in there.
Moods: For the most part everything has been pretty good..... I`m just dying for him to come out!

We are now in the final days. Here's a cute little baby pool Cathie put together at my shower. Any guesses??

Part 3 of "Operation get baby Koz out" was eating spicy food. Paul and I made a trip to our favourite Indian place in Hamilton called Curry Palace. I'd like to call this photo "I'll have the spiciest thing on the menu please"

Finally a shot of me and the bump about to head out for a swim. I kept my shorts on for the photo because I'm not THAT comfortable posing in a bikini this late I'm pregnancy. But you get the idea on how pregnant I am. Pretty damn pregnant!!